Think it’s impossible? Think again!
I signed up for OkCupid way back in 2007 and actually met my ex-husband through that site. After our divorce I went back on OkCupid and then met the infamous Bank Robber. With multiple other stories of disappointment and heartache, I can officially say that Cupid’s aim has definitely been way off for me for this past decade.
But back to finding someone’s profile on OkCupid. Think about why you’re looking for it. Do you have a sneaking suspicion that your partner might be cheating? (hint: trust your gut!) Or are you hoping to see if the cute person at spin class might be on the app and this is a perfect way to connect? (hint: say hi next time!) Either way, make sure that you’re using this tutorial for good only.
Like the other posts, I’m going to break this down pretty easily into a few steps.
- Sign up for an account on OkCupid on your desktop/laptop (way easier than the mobile app). Oh and it’s totally up to you how much information you want to put in your profile in case the person in question sees you on the platform too.
- Start with the filters. Most important start with how old they are and limit the search to a few miles within their zip code.
- Drill deeper into the filters: Know how tall he/she is? Their views on children? Smoker vs non-smoker?
- Keep their last log-in as anywhere in the past year so you can get everyone that is matching your criteria.
- Now scroll through your matches.
- Bingo. You goteeem.
Now on an off chance that this didn’t immediately work, you may have to get rid of a few of the filters you put in. Maybe they answered that they are in fact smokers so taking that filter off might lead to their profile. Or maybe they lied about their age – you may have to expand the age radius.
If that doesn’t work, there’s one last trick up my sleeve. The OkCupid Username. Though they recently did away with all usernames and opted instead for real people names, you can still find a profile by it’s old username. Say that the person you’re looking for has an Instagram of “SnowBoarder87” and a Twitter name of “SnowBoarder87”. There’s a pretty good chance that when they signed up for OkCupid, they used the same username, right? So try the url https://www.okcupid.com/profile/SnowBoarder87 and if that was their username, you should see their shiny face on the screen right about now 🙂
So that’s about it – that’s the only free way to find someone’s OkCupid profile.
If you’re looking for someone’s social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Amazon Wishlist, Pinterest, (etc.), you should leave it to us professionals. We’ll track down someones entire electronic footprint (including arrests, sex offender status, marital vibes, etc.) and give you a detailed report including those huge red flags for only $29.99. For the price of the first round of drinks? I’d say that’s worth some peace of mind.
Try a search for your date now:
Light and love always,