A few years ago we gave a tutorial on how to find someone on Tinder. Today we’re going to revisit that blog post and update a few things.
Back to the beginning though, think about why you’re looking for someone’s profile. Do you have a sneaking suspicion that your partner might be cheating? (hint: trust your gut!) Or are you hoping to see if the cute person at spin class might be on the app and this is a perfect way to connect? (hint: say hi next time!) Either way, make sure that you’re using this tutorial for good only.
It’s easy enough to do, so let me break it down into a 10 step process.
- Create a brand new Tinder account so you know you haven’t already swiped left or right on the person you’re looking for.
- Edit your setting to include their age and how far away you think they are.
- Gather up your patience. This is going to take awhile.
- Swipe left, left, left, left, left x 1,000,000 looking for their name and age. Do this mindless task twice a day as Tinder limits your swipes unless you pay for unlimited swipes.
- Keep swiping left on people that isn’t the profile you’re looking for.
- Keep swiping left.
- Think you find them but it’s another user with the same name, age, and location – just a different face.
- Decide to give up but remember you’ve come this far.
- Keep swiping left.
- AND THERE IS YOUR TARGET!
You found them! Now, at this point, if you want to match with them, *very carefully* swipe right.
As you can see this is an extremely time intensive process, one that will make you think “Wow, I should be doing something way more productive with my life” so this is not for the faint of heart and you should have a really good reason for wanting to find someone’s Tinder profile. Am I glad I went through the process to find a guy I was newly dating? Well.. personally yeah. I’m not about wasting my time with people that don’t respect the idea of connection and love. After all these years… I guess I’m still a romantic at heart.
So that’s about it – that’s the only free way to find someones Tinder profile. REMEMBER THAT YOU CAN’T PAY ANYONE TO DO THIS FOR YOU, AND ANY COMPANY TELLING YOU THEY CAN IS LYING. Only employees of Tinder can find people in their database and I’m sure they signed lots of agreements on how to never disclose who is on their database.
If you’re looking for someone’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Amazon Wishlist, Pinterest, (etc.) accounts, you should leave it to us professionals. We’ll track down someones entire electronic footprint and give you a detailed report including red flags for only $29.99. For the price of the first round of drinks? I’d say that’s worth some peace of mind.
Try a search for your date now:
Light and love always,